Is geo-blocking killing Netflix? - htxt.africa

edited July 2016 in Site discussion

imageIs geo-blocking killing Netflix? - htxt.africa

With the number of new international subscribers slowing down to a crawl, the answer seems to be, yes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Canceled my service as well. I'm sure this has caused a rise in piracy as well?
  • I am still able to watch US Netflix from Germany without any interruptions using NordVPN! Was unable to watch last night, jumped on support chat, got another server and they managed to get me back on track. Shout out NordVPN!
  • Geo-blocking is not just killing Netflix but also increasing piracy. There are many VPNs like Ivacy, which allow torrenting, hence, users use these VPNs to download illegal copies of those movies and shows which they could watch legally on Netflix before.

• Geo-blocking is not just killing Netflix but also increasing piracy. There are many VPNs like Ivacy, which allow torrenting, hence, users use these VPNs to download illegal copies of those movies and shows which they could watch legally on Netflix before.
    I would say that anecdotals back this up. Everyone I know who's cancelled their Netflix account has gone back to torrenting.